We are Aberdeen...
We formed in 1903 as a result of the amalgamation of three clubs; Aberdeen, Victoria United and Orion. A public meeting on March 20, 1903 was attended by more than 1,600 people where the amalgamation was given the go-ahead. On April 14 that same year the merger was made official and Aberdeen Football Club was born.
Aberdeen have played at Pittodrie Stadium since our inception. The grounds current capacity is 22,199 and was the first all-seated and all-covered stadium in Britain. Pittodrie was also the first football stadium to feature a dugout, an invention of player and coach Donald Colman.
Aberdeen's first kit was all white, but on acceptance to the Scottish Football League Second Division in 1904-05 Aberdeen changed kit colours to black and gold.
In the mid-1930s Aberdeen again changed kit this time to the now famous red and white, and in 1947 we finally won our first major trophy, the Scottish Cup. Our first League Title was won in 1955.
We won the League Cup and Scottish Cup in the 70's but nothing could prepare Scottish football for the domiance Aberdeen had throughout the 80s where we won; four Scottish Cups, a Scottish League Cup, the European Cup Winners' Cup and the European Super Cup. Still the only Scottish team to win two European trophies.
The 90s brought the last of our three trophies; one Scottish Cup and two League Cups. We haven't won a trophy since 1996......too long for our club.